These Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Entry Terms”) are designed to enable the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk on Saturday 25 November 2023 (the “Event”) to run safely. By registering and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Entry, you (the “Participant”) accept and agree to be bound by the Entry Terms and all other relevant material including Event Rules.
- Participants must complete an online entry form.
- A registration is not complete until all necessary Participant information is supplied and full payment is received.
- If completing a cycling event, the participant acknowledges that they have prior road cycling experience.
- If completing the 200km ride event, the Participant is able to maintain a speed of 25km per hour to complete the event within the allocated period.
- If the Participant is under the age of 18 years old, the Participant must be accompanied on the ride or walk by another registered participant over 18 years old.
- Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to refuse any registration, without reason for the decision.
- If the Participant wishes to cancel their registration in the event, the Participant must notify the Event Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notifications of cancellations received by Thursday 31 August 2023 will receive a full refund of the original registration fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Thursday 31 August 2023.
- The event is under no obligation to refund registration fees due to failure to participate, injury, mechanical breakdown or dissatisfaction of the Participant.
- The Participant may transfer their registration to another participant up until Monday 20 November 2023. Permissions must be sought in advance by notifying the Event Manager via email at email@example.com
Mode of Transport
- Only conventional road, mountain, and tandem bikes, as well as E-bikes are permitted for use during the event. E-bikes are permitted as the Tat200 is not a race, it is a ride. E-bikes permitted for use must not be registered or require a license as these are considered motorcycles. E-bikes permitted for use must be in accordance with the VicRoads definition of either a pedal assisted E-bike with an output of no higher than 250 watts, or an E-bike with throttle with an output no higher than 200 watts. Any E-bike used must not have a maximum speed higher than 25kph. Any E-bike with modifications to allow a higher wattage, that have petrol-powered motors attached, or exceed a maximum speed higher than 25kph will not be allowed for use in the Tat200 as they are considered motorcycles. We will not provide any charging facilities for E-bikes, these must be provided by participants.
- Support vehicles operate throughout the event. Support vehicles can assist in the situation of a mechanical breakdown, exhaustion, illness, injury or as transport for the Gears & Graze Ride. While volunteers take due care when handling bikes, the event is not responsible for any damages, costs, or expenses that the Participant may incur as a result of the handling of their bike by Support Vehicle members.
Acknowledgement and Waiver
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that participation in the event is inherently dangerous and that participation is at their own risk.
- The Participant hereby releases and indemnifies Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited, the Bega Group and any of their respective representatives, to the extent permitted by law from and against all and any claims, law suits, demands, liabilities, loss and damage, costs, expenses and, interest, whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the Participant may suffer or incur arising from or connected with the Participant’s involvement in the event including as a result of negligence, breach of duty, breach of care or other fault or responsibility of the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited, Bega Group and any of their respective representatives.
- If the Participant is a parent or guardian of a participant under 18 years of age, that Participant consents to the child participating in the event and agrees to take full responsibility for the child’s safety and participation throughout the event. The Participant further agrees and undertakes to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk for and on behalf of the participant under 18 years of age that the release and indemnity contained in clause 15 applies with full force and effect to the participant under 18 years of age.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- During the event, the Participant must comply with all road rules and regulations. Participants must obey Police and Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk representatives at all times. Any Participant who does not comply may be asked to retire from the event.
- Any Participant involved in a cycling event must wear a securely fitted and fastened helmet that contains a mark of compliance with the Australian Standard and the symbol of a JAS-ANZ accredited company. Any Participant found not wearing a helmet will be asked to retire from the event.
- Any Participant found riding or walking after the finish time of 5pm will be asked to retire from the event and use support vehicles for transportation back to the Start/Finish Site. If the Participant refuses to finish, the Participant will not be covered under the insurance provisions of the event.
- Any Participant that passes the lead car or falls behind the rear car is not covered by the insurance provisions of the event.
Compulsory Equipment and Clothing
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that their bike, equipment, shoes and clothing are suitable for the ride type and distance undertaken during the event.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that the bike used is roadworthy.
Health and Safety
- The Participant is responsible for ensuring that they have adequately and appropriately prepared physically for the event.
- The Participant consents to receiving any medical treatment that event organisers or their authorised representatives (including First Aid and emergency services providers) consider reasonably necessary.
- If the Participant becomes ill or injured during the event, and treatment required is beyond First Aid officers as part of the event, an ambulance will be contacted. Any medical transport will be at the Participant’s expense.
- Meal types offered at the event are regular, gluten free and vegetarian. It is the Participant’s responsibility to bring along suitable food and medications that may be necessary to treat any medical condition suffered from.
- Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to change the route without notice.
- Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or change the time and location of the event at any time prior to the event.
- Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk is not responsible or liable to the Participant for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred because of such action.
- The Participant consents to being photographed or filmed during the event, and consents to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited, the Bega Group and respective representatives using the Participant’s photo or film for promoting the event and any future events or business activities by any form of media.
- The parent/guardian of the Participant aged under 18 years old consents to the child being photographed or filmed during the event, and consents to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited, the Bega Group and respective representatives using the child’s photo or film for promoting the event and any future events or business activities by any form of media.
- The Participant consents to receiving emails and/or text messages regarding the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, or any future events held by Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited and / or the Bega Group.
Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk is run by Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd ABN 66 006 603 970, which is
a subsidiary of Bega Cheese Limited and part of the Bega Group of Companies and includes where appropriate employees, volunteers, and contractors.